March Madness is the season of Cinderellas and one lucky better is clearly the belle of this year’s ball with his insane tournament parlay win. This smart investor chose wisely and his 10-teamer turned $10 into $33,000. Let’s take a closer look at how he made it happen in the first week of the NCAA Tournament.
10-Team Parlay Connects
It was a crazy week of action for one bettor named Eli, who used $10 in his DraftKings account to play a 10-team parlay. The teams in the parlay included:
- No. 14 Abilene Christian to beat No. 3 Texas
- No. 11 UCLA to beat No. 6 BYU
- No. 3 Arkansas to beat No. 6 Texas Tech
- No. 8 Loyola-Chicago to beat No. 1 Illinois
- No. 15 Oral Roberts to beat No. 7 Florida
- No. 1 Baylor to beat No. 9 Wisconsin
- No. 12 Oregon State to beat No. 4 Oklahoma State
- No. 5 Villanova to beat No. 13 North Texas
- No. 11 Syracuse to beat No. 3 West Virginia
- No. 2 Houston to beat No. 10 Rutgers
There were a ton of underdogs in the mix here, Eli did have a few favorites sprinkled in. His longshots seemed calculated. Oral Roberts looked good in their opening-round win against Ohio State, so he rolled with them to beat Florida again. The biggest stunner was likely Abilene Christian’s win over Texas, which nobody saw coming. Abilene shot less than 30% from the field but they still won thanks to a season-high 23 turnovers from Texas.
It goes to show that March Madness is all about dreams coming true. It’s not just the players on the court that have memorable moments; it’s the bettors getting involved too. The only question is will they decide to include Eli in the One Shining Moment wrapup video at the end of the NCAA Tournament?