March Madness sentiment is alive and well with the #BattleOfTheBooks every single day at the PlayNJcom Twitter Page!
Upsets and wild finishes reign supreme in the 16-team Battle of the Books at PlayNJ.Com.
Gamblers are entered for prizes each time they vote (see below) and the books seek the bragging rights as the people’s champ of all sports betting apps.
The Elite-Eight begins today, but how did we get here?
First-Round Action: Upsets, Shockers & Defending Champs
The Twitter users have signaled – emphatically – that there are new kids on the NJ sports betting block.
Two major surprises marked the early competition. The latest was Monday, when Bet365 broke open a tight contest in the final hour, pulling away from William Hill 67-33%.
It was a stunning early exit for the iconic William Hill, which talked about its own Cinderella story during Battle of the Books pressers. This was the heartwarming tale of the only book named after an individual.
The original William Hill left school at the age of 12 to work on his uncle’s farm. While working in a factory in Birmingham, he started collecting illegal bets from people on his motorcycle.
The media ate it up.
- But Bet365 was in no sentimental mood, beating William Hill and, joining a group of first-round upstarts.
- TheScoreBet throttled heavily-favored DraftKings to open the tournament.
- And 888Sport toppled Caesars 61-39%, going wire-to-wire.
- Sometimes the chalk talked. Defending champ PointsBet took a no-doubt-about-it 82-18% victory over Golden Nugget, the largest margin of the opening round.
- FanDuel, another heavy favorite, labored to a 53-47% triumph over BetAmerica.
- Other first-round winners include Resorts and Fox Bet.
- The last matchup in Round 1 ended with PlaySugarHouse taking out Borgata Sportsbook.
After cutting the field to eight, the second round can begin. Intrigue builds, as do questions about which first-round winners can do it again.
#BattleOfTheBooks Elite Eight
Here’s what the #BattleOfTheBooks tournament breakdown looks after one round:
Vote On Today’s Match-Up To Win $25
WHO WANTS $25 FREE FROM William Hill?
IMPORTANT: Follow us & hit the ❤️ button after voting or you won’t be eligible for the $. Voting ends at 11PM est.
— Play NJ (@playnjcom) March 25, 2020
How To Enter:
Anyone who participates in the voting on Twitter will be entered into prize drawings for a chance to win free bets from several of the top NJ online sports betting apps.
- Visit: twitter.com/playnjcom and follow us
- Check out the latest #BattleOfTheBooks poll on our feed
- Vote for the sportsbook you want to see move on to the next round
- LIKE the post. (If you don’t like the post, we won’t know you voted)
- And that’s it. You’re entered to win the prize in that specific voting matchup.
Place your votes at @PlayNJcom
How To Win:
- At the conclusion of each matchup, we will randomly select winners from the pool of voters for that round (
see the video below).
- Each winner will then receive a DM from us with how to claim their FREE BET
- You can vote on every match in every round, for the maximum chances to win.
- So make sure you follow our PlayNJ twitter page
- And turn on the notifications for our page so you’ll be notified each time we start a new poll.
Tweet. Vote. Like. WIN $$$.
NJ Exclusive Offers & Picks
NJ Sports Betting News
- Rally With DraftKings & Help United Way’s COVID Relief Effort
- Crazy Upsets & Wild Finishes in Rd1 of the #BattleOfTheBooks
- NJ Man Hits A Record Jackpot Playing Hard Rock Online Casino
- Tom Brady To Tampa Gave Sportsbooks The Boost They Desperately Needed
- NJ Sportsbooks Are Paying More Attention To PlayNJ’s ‘Battle Of The Books’ This Year