Jayson Tatum’s Boston Celtics (57-25) enter their game on May 11, 2023 as a 2.5-point favorite against Joel Embiid and the Philadelphia 76ers (54-28). The game features an over/under of 212.5.
The 76ers beat the Celtics 115-103 on Tuesday when they last played. Embiid led the way with a team-leading 33 points in the win for the 76ers, while Tatum notched 36 points in the loss for the Celtics.
Celtics Vs. 76ers Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Thursday, May 11, 2023 at 7:30 PM ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- TV: ESPN
- Spread Favorite: Celtics -2.5
- Moneyline Favorite: Celtics -139
- Moneyline Underdog: 76ers +116
- Over/Under: 212.5 points
Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics are 44-36-2 ATS this season.
- Boston has been favored by 2.5 points or more 68 times this season, and covered the spread in 33 of those games.
- The Celtics have come away with 51 wins in the 72 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- This season, Boston has come away with a win 47 times in 66 chances when named as a favorite of at least -139 or better on the moneyline.
- Celtics games have hit the over 40 out of 82 times this season.
- In 65 of 82 games this season, Boston and its opponents have scored more than 212.5 points.
- Celtics contests this year have an average point total of 229.4, 16.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- Boston is outscoring opponents by 6.5 points per game with a +535 scoring differential overall. It puts up 117.9 points per game (fourth in the NBA) and gives up 111.4 per contest (fourth in the league).
- The 45.3 rebounds per game the Celtics average rank seventh in the NBA, and are 1.3 more than the 44 their opponents record per contest.
- The Celtics put up 120.5 points per game when playing at home, compared to 115.4 points per game in away games, a difference of 5.1 points per contest.
- Defensively Boston has been better in home games this year, allowing 110.5 points per game, compared to 112.4 when playing on the road.
- The Celtics have played better offensively over their previous 20 games, generating 118.2 points per contest, 0.3 more than their season average of 117.9.
- Over its last 20 games, Boston is ceding 108.9 points per game, compared to its season average of 111.4 points allowed.
- The Celtics are sinking 16.1 treys per game over their last 20 games, which is 0.1 more than their average for the season (16). Likewise, they own a better three-point percentage over their previous 20 games (38.2%) compared to their season average from beyond the arc (37.6%).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
76ers Betting Trends
- Philadelphia has won 47 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing 35 times.
- The 76ers have been an underdog by 2.5 points or more 17 times this season, and covered the spread in nine of those contests.
- This season, Philadelphia has been the underdog 26 times and won 13, or 50%, of those games.
- The 76ers are 7-9 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +116 or more on the moneyline.
- A total of 45 Philadelphia’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- The 76ers have combined with their opponents to score more than 212.5 points in 57 of 82 games this season.
- Philadelphia’s average game total this season has been 226.1, 13.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
76ers Top Performers
76ers Season Stats
- In 2022-23, Philadelphia is 14th in the NBA offensively (115.2 points scored per game) and third-best on defense (110.9 points allowed).
- The 76ers rank 26th in the NBA at 40.9 rebounds per game. That’s similar to the 41.2 their opponents average.
- Philadelphia is scoring fewer points at home (114.2 per game) than on the road (116.2).
- At home, the 76ers allow 109.5 points per game. On the road, they allow 112.3.
- Philadelphia has been putting up 110.5 points per contest in its last 20 appearances, an average that’s a little lower than the 115.2 it has scored over the course of the 2022-23 campaign.
- The 76ers’ points-allowed average over their last 20 games (109.6) is 1.3 fewer points per game than the team is allowing over the entire season (110.9).
- Philadelphia’s past 20 contests have seen them make 12.5 three-pointers per game while shooting 38.4% from beyond the arc. Both numbers are down compared to its 2022-23 averages of 12.6 makes and 38.7%.
76ers Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.