The Philadelphia 76ers will lean on leading scorer Joel Embiid when they try to upset Jayson Tatum and the Boston Celtics on May 14, 2023. The 76ers (54-28) are 6-point underdogs against the Celtics (57-25). The over/under for the matchup is 201.
The Celtics beat the 76ers 95-86 on Thursday when they last met. Marcus Smart paced the Celtics with 22 points, while Embiid put up 26 for the 76ers.
Ready to put your picks to the test for this matchup? Check out DraftKings Sportsbook and sign up using our link for the best first-time depositor bonus!
Celtics Vs. 76ers Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, May 14, 2023 at 3:30 PM ET
- Where: TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: ABC
- Spread Favorite: Celtics -6
- Moneyline Favorite: Celtics -244
- Moneyline Underdog: 76ers +200
- Over/Under: 201 points
Not yet a DraftKings Sportsbook user? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics have compiled a 44-36-2 record against the spread this season.
- Boston has an ATS record of 20-23-1 when playing as at least 6-point favorites this season.
- The Celtics have been chosen as favorites in 72 games this year and have walked away with the win 51 times (70.8%) in those games.
- This season, Boston has come away with a win 30 times in 43 chances when named as a favorite of at least -244 or shorter on the moneyline.
- Celtics games have hit the over 40 out of 82 times this season.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over 201 combined points in 77 of 82 games this season.
- Celtics contests this year have an average total of 229.4, 28.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- Boston is outscoring opponents by 6.5 points per game with a +535 scoring differential overall. It puts up 117.9 points per game (fourth in the NBA) and gives up 111.4 per contest (fourth in the league).
- The Celtics record 45.3 rebounds per game (seventh in the league) while allowing 44 per contest to their opponents. They outrebound opponents by 1.3 boards per game.
- The Celtics are averaging 120.5 points per game this season at home, which is 5.1 more points than they’re averaging in away games (115.4).
- In 2022-23, Boston is surrendering 110.5 points per game at home. In away games, it is allowing 112.4.
- Over their past 20 games, the Celtics are compiling 117 points per game, compared to their season average of 117.9.
- Boston has performed better defensively over its previous 20 games, giving up 108.4 points per contest, three fewer points than its season average of 111.4 allowed.
- The Celtics are draining 16 treys per game over their last 20 games, the same number as their average for the season. Meanwhile, they have a better three-point percentage over their last 20 contests (38.2%) compared to their season average from beyond the arc (37.6%).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Ready to place a bet on the Celtics? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
76ers Betting Trends
- Philadelphia has put together a 47-34-1 record against the spread this season.
- When playing as at least 6-point underdogs this year, the 76ers have an ATS record of 3-0.
- This season, Philadelphia has won 13 out of the 26 games, or 50%, in which it has been the underdog.
- The 76ers have a record of 2-1 in games where bookmakers have them as underdogs of at least +200 on the moneyline.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have combined to hit the over 45 out of 82 times this season.
- 76ers games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 201 points in 74 of 82 outings.
- Philadelphia has a 226.1-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 25.1 more points than this game’s point total.
76ers Top Performers
76ers Season Stats
- Philadelphia is 14th in the league in points scored (115.2 per game) and third-best in points conceded (110.9).
- The 76ers pull down 40.9 rebounds per game (26th in league), compared to the 41.2 of their opponents.
- At home, Philadelphia averages 114.2 points per game. On the road, it scores 116.2.
- At home the 76ers are giving up 109.5 points per game, 2.8 fewer points than they are on the road (112.3).
- Philadelphia has seen a downturn in scoring lately, racking up 109 points per game in its last 20 contests, 6.2 points fewer than the 115.2 it has scored this year.
- The 76ers’ defense has been more stingy lately, as the team has given up 109.8 points per game during their last 20 compared to the 110.9 points per game their opponents are averaging this season.
- Over its past 20 contests, Philadelphia is making 0.5 fewer three-pointers per game than its season long average (12.1 compared to 12.6 season-long), while also shooting a lower percentage from beyond the arc in that span (37.3% compared to 38.7% season-long).
76ers Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Looking to place a bet on the 76ers? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.