The Boston Celtics are an 8.5-point favorite against the Miami Heat when the Celtics (57-25) and the Heat (44-38) meet on May 17, 2023. The point total for the game is set at 213.
In their last matchup on Sunday, the Celtics secured a 112-88 victory over the 76ers. In Boston’s win, Jayson Tatum led the way with a team-high 51 points (adding 13 rebounds and five assists).
In their most recent outing on Friday, the Heat claimed a 96-92 win against the Knicks. Jimmy Butler totaled 24 points, eight rebounds and four assists for Miami.
Celtics Vs. Heat Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET
- Where: TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: TNT
- Spread Favorite: Celtics -8.5
- Moneyline Favorite: Celtics -381
- Moneyline Underdog: Heat +300
- Over/Under: 213 points
Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics have compiled a 44-36-2 record against the spread this season.
- Boston is 15-14-1 ATS this season when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- The Celtics have won in 51, or 70.8%, of the 72 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- This season, Boston has come away with a win 18 times in 26 chances when named as a favorite of at least -381 or shorter on the moneyline.
- In the Celtics’ 82 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 40 times.
- Boston and its opponents have combined to score more than 213 points in 65 of 82 games this season.
- The Celtics have an average total of 229.4 in their games this year, 16.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- Boston outscores opponents by 6.5 points per game (scoring 117.9 per game to rank fourth in the league while giving up 111.4 per contest to rank fourth in the NBA) and has a +535 scoring differential overall.
- The Celtics rank seventh in the NBA at 45.3 rebounds per game. That’s 1.3 more than the 44 their opponents average.
- Offensively the Celtics have played better at home this year, scoring 120.5 points per game, compared to 115.4 per game in road games.
- Boston is giving up 110.5 points per game this year at home, which is 1.9 fewer points than it is allowing in away games (112.4).
- Over their last 20 games, the Celtics are averaging 115.7 points per game, compared to their season average of 117.9.
- In its last 20 games, Boston is giving up 108.2 points per contest, 3.2 fewer points than its season average (111.4).
- The Celtics are sinking 0.2 fewer three-pointers per contest over their last 20 games (15.8) compared to their season average (16), but they are putting up a higher three-point percentage over their previous 20 contests (38.3%) compared to their season mark (37.6%).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Heat Betting Trends
- Miami is 31-49-2 ATS this season.
- The Heat have covered the spread once when an underdog by 8.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- Miami has won seven, or 30.4%, of the 23 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Heat have played as an underdog of +300 or more once this season and lost that game.
- So far this season, 40 out of Miami’s 82 games with an over/under have gone over the point total.
- Heat games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 213 points in 53 of 82 outings.
- Miami’s average game total this season has been 219.3, 6.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Heat Top Performers
Heat Season Stats
- Miami is the worst team in the NBA in points scored (109.5 per game) but second-best in points conceded (109.8).
- The Heat lose the rebound battle by 1.3 boards on average. They record 40.6 rebounds per game, 27th in the league, while their opponents grab 41.9.
- Miami averages 111.4 points per game at home, and 107.5 on the road.
- At home, the Heat give up 110.2 points per game. Away, they concede 109.3.
- Miami has been racking up 113.2 points per game in its last 20 appearances, an average that’s a little higher than the 109.5 it has scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
- The last 20 games have seen the Heat allow 0.5 more points per game (110.3) than their season-long average (109.8).
- Over its past 20 outings, Miami is making 1.8 more three-pointers per game than its season long average (13.8 compared to 12 season-long), while also shooting a higher percentage from deep in that span (37.5% compared to 34.4% season-long).
Heat Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.