The Boston Celtics (57-25) head into their game against Bam Adebayo and the Miami Heat (44-38) on May 21, 2023 as 4.5-point favorites. The over/under for the game is set at 214.5.
The teams square off once again after the Heat defeated the Celtics 111-105 on Friday. Jimmy Butler’s team-leading 27 points led the Heat to the victory. Jayson Tatum had 34 points for the Celtics.
Celtics Vs. Heat Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET
- Where: FTX Arena in Miami, Florida
- TV: TNT
- Spread Favorite: Celtics -4.5
- Moneyline Favorite: Celtics -183
- Moneyline Underdog: Heat +153
- Over/Under: 214.5 points
Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics have compiled a 44-36-2 ATS record so far this year.
- Boston has an ATS record of 24-28-1 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites this season.
- The Celtics have been chosen as favorites in 72 games this year and have walked away with the win 51 times (70.8%) in those games.
- This year, Boston has won 36 of 52 games when listed as at least -183 or better on the moneyline.
- The Celtics and their opponents have combined to hit the over 40 out of 82 times this season.
- In 65 of 82 games this season, Boston and its opponents have combined to score more than 214.5 points.
- Celtics contests this year have an average total of 229.4, 14.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- Boston has a +535 scoring differential, topping opponents by 6.5 points per game. It is putting up 117.9 points per game to rank fourth in the league and is giving up 111.4 per contest to rank fourth in the NBA.
- The Celtics win the rebound battle by 1.3 boards on average. They collect 45.3 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the league, while their opponents grab 44 per outing.
- The Celtics score 120.5 points per game at home, compared to 115.4 points per game away from home, a difference of 5.1 points per contest.
- Defensively Boston has played better in home games this year, surrendering 110.5 points per game, compared to 112.4 in away games.
- The Celtics are posting 114.2 points per game over their past 20 games, which is 3.7 fewer points than their average for the season (117.9).
- Over its last 20 games, Boston is surrendering 108.4 points per game, three fewer points than its season average (111.4).
- Over their past 20 games, the Celtics are sinking 15.2 threes per game, 0.8 fewer threes than their season average (16). They own a better three-point percentage over their previous 20 games (37.8%) compared to their season average (37.6%).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Heat Betting Trends
- Miami has won 31 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing 51 times.
- The Heat have been an underdog by 4.5 points or more 12 times this season, and covered the spread in five of those games.
- This season, Miami has been the underdog 23 times and won seven, or 30.4%, of those games.
- The Heat have entered 11 games this season as the underdog by +153 or more and is 2-9 in those contests.
- Miami’s games have gone over the point total 40 out of 82 times this year.
- The Heat have played 52 games this season that finished with a point total higher than 214.5 points.
- Miami’s outings this season have a 219.3-point average over/under, 4.8 more points than this game’s point total.
Heat Top Performers
Heat Season Stats
- Offensively Miami is the worst squad in the league (109.5 points per game). However on defense it is second-best (109.8 points conceded per game).
- The Heat come up short in the rebound battle by an average of 1.3 boards. They are recording 40.6 rebounds per game (27th in league) compared to their opponents’ 41.9.
- At home Miami is putting up 111.4 points per game, 3.9 more than it is averaging on the road (107.5).
- At home the Heat are conceding 110.2 points per game, 0.9 more than they are away (109.3).
- In its last 20 games, Miami has been racking up 113.6 points per contest, an average that’s slightly higher than the 109.5 it has scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
- The Heat have been tougher on defense lately, giving up 108.9 points per game during their last 20 outings compared to the 109.8 points per game their opponents average over the 2022-23 season.
- Miami is trending up from deep over its last 20 outings, making 13.6 threes per game and shooting 37.2% from long range compared to its season-long averages of 12 makes and 34.4% from distance in the 2022-23 season.
Heat Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.