The Boston Celtics are an 8.5-point favorite against the Miami Heat when the Celtics (57-25) and the Heat (44-38) meet on May 25, 2023. The matchup features an over/under of 214.5.
Last time out, the Celtics bested the Heat 116-99 on Tuesday. Jayson Tatum topped the Celtics in the win with 33 points, while Jimmy Butler had 29 in the losing effort for the Heat.
Celtics Vs. Heat Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET
- Where: TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: TNT
- Spread Favorite: Celtics -8.5
- Moneyline Favorite: Celtics -320
- Moneyline Underdog: Heat +255
- Over/Under: 214.5 points
Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics have covered 44 times in 82 chances against the spread this season.
- Boston has been favored by 8.5 points or more 30 times this season, and covered the spread in 15 of those matchups.
- The Celtics have been chosen as favorites in 72 games this year and have walked away with the win 51 times (70.8%) in those games.
- This season, Boston has come away with a win 24 times in 33 chances when named as a favorite of at least -320 or shorter on the moneyline.
- A total of 40 out of the Celtics’ 82 games this season have gone over the point total.
- Boston’s 82 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 214.5 points 65 times.
- The Celtics have an average total of 229.4 in their games this year, 14.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- Boston averages 117.9 points per game (fourth in the league) while giving up 111.4 per contest (fourth in the NBA). It has a +535 scoring differential overall and outscores opponents by 6.5 points per game.
- The Celtics win the rebound battle by 1.3 boards on average. They collect 45.3 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the league, while their opponents grab 44 per contest.
- The Celtics are posting 120.5 points per game this season at home, which is 5.1 more points than they’re averaging on the road (115.4).
- When playing at home, Boston is giving up 1.9 fewer points per game (110.5) than when playing on the road (112.4).
- The Celtics have played worse offensively over their last 20 games, averaging 114 points per contest, 3.9 fewer points their than season average of 117.9.
- While Boston is giving up 111.4 points per game in 2022-23, it has improved that mark in its last 20 games, allowing 108.9 points per contest.
- Over their last 20 games, the Celtics are draining 15 treys per contest, 1 fewer threes than their season average (16). They have a higher three-point percentage over their past 20 games (37.8%) compared to their season average (37.6%).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Heat Betting Trends
- Miami is 31-49-2 ATS this year.
- The Heat have been an underdog by 8.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Miami has entered the game as underdogs 23 times this season and won seven, or 30.4%, of those games.
- This season, the Heat have been at least a +255 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
- So far this year, 40 out of Miami’s 82 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- The Heat have played 52 games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 214.5 points.
- Miami has a 219.3-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 4.8 more points than this game’s total.
Heat Top Performers
Heat Season Stats
- On offense Miami is the worst team in the NBA (109.5 points per game). However on defense it is second-best (109.8 points conceded per game).
- The Heat pull down 40.6 rebounds per game (27th in league) while allowing 41.9 per outing to opponents. They are outrebounded by 1.3 boards per game.
- Miami scores 111.4 points per game at home, and 107.5 on the road.
- At home, the Heat concede 110.2 points per game. Away, they concede 109.3.
- In its last 20 games, Miami has been racking up 115.7 points per game, an average that’s slightly higher than the 109.5 it has scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
- The last 20 games have seen the Heat give up 0.4 fewer points per game (109.4) than their season-long average (109.8).
- Miami is trending up from deep during its last 20 outings, making 13.8 threes per game and shooting 38% from long range in comparison to its season-long averages of 12 makes and 34.4% from distance in the 2022-23 season.
Heat Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.