The Boston Celtics (57-25) enter their matchup against the Miami Heat (44-38) on May 29, 2023 as a 7-point favorite. The matchup features an over/under of 204.
The teams meet once again after the Celtics beat the Heat 104-103 Saturday. Jayson Tatum led the way with a team-high 31 points in the win for the Celtics, while Jimmy Butler put up 24 points in the loss for the Heat.
Celtics Vs. Heat Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Monday, May 29, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET
- Where: TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts
- TV: TNT
- Spread Favorite: Celtics -7
- Moneyline Favorite: Celtics -289
- Moneyline Underdog: Heat +237
- Over/Under: 204 points
Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics are 44-36-2 ATS this season.
- When playing as at least 7-point favorites this season, Boston has an ATS record of 18-21-1.
- The Celtics have won in 51, or 70.8%, of the 72 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- This year, Boston has won 26 of 36 games when listed as at least -289 or better on the moneyline.
- In the Celtics’ 82 games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 40 times.
- Boston and its opponents have combined to score more than 204 points in 76 of 82 games this season.
- The average total in Celtics matchups this year is 229.4, 25.4 more points than this game’s over/under.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- Boston’s +535 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 6.5 points per game) is a result of scoring 117.9 points per game (fourth in the NBA) while giving up 111.4 per contest (fourth in the league).
- The 45.3 rebounds per game the Celtics average rank seventh in the NBA, and are 1.3 more than the 44 their opponents collect per contest.
- At home, the Celtics are posting 5.1 more points per game (120.5) than they are away from home (115.4).
- Defensively Boston has played better in home games this season, ceding 110.5 points per game, compared to 112.4 when playing on the road.
- The Celtics have fared worse offensively in their past 20 games, compiling 113.8 points per contest, 4.1 fewer points their than season average of 117.9.
- While Boston is surrendering 111.4 points per game in 2022-23, it has improved that mark over its last 20 games, allowing 109.2 points per contest.
- In their last 20 games, the Celtics are sinking 14.9 treys per game, 1.1 fewer threes than their season average (16). They sport a higher three-point percentage over their last 20 games (37.8%) compared to their season average (37.6%).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Heat Betting Trends
- Miami has covered 31 times in 82 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Heat have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs this season.
- This season, Miami has been the underdog 23 times and won seven, or 30.4%, of those games.
- This season, the Heat have been at least a +237 underdog on the moneyline four times, losing each of those contests.
- In Miami’s 82 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 40 times.
- The Heat have combined with their opponent to score more than 204 points in 68 of 82 games this season.
- The average total for Miami’s games this season has been 219.3, 15.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Heat Top Performers
Heat Season Stats
- Offensively Miami is the worst team in the league (109.5 points per game). But defensively it is second-best (109.8 points allowed per game).
- The Heat rank 27th in the NBA at 40.6 rebounds per game. That’s 1.3 fewer than the 41.9 their opponents average.
- Miami averages 111.4 points per game at home, and 107.5 away.
- At home, the Heat give up 110.2 points per game. On the road, they allow 109.3.
- Miami’s offense has been improved over its last 20 games, racking up 113.4 points per contest compared to the 109.5 it has averaged this year.
- The Heat have been a little improved on the defensive end of the floor of late, allowing 108.8 points per game over their last 20 outings compared to the 109.8 they’ve conceded per game this year.
- Miami is trending up from deep during its last 20 outings, making 13.7 threes per game and shooting 38.6% from long range in comparison to its season-long averages of 12 makes and 34.4% from distance in the 2022-23 season.
Heat Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.