The Boston Celtics are a 5-point favorite against the Utah Jazz when the Celtics (49-22) and the Jazz (33-36) meet on March 18, 2023. The game’s point total is set at 233.5.
The Celtics head into this game after a 126-112 win over the Trail Blazers on Friday. Jayson Tatum’s team-high 34 points led Boston in the win.
The Jazz’s most recent outing was a 119-115 loss to the Heat on Monday. Lauri Markkanen scored 38 points in Utah’s loss, leading the team.
Ready to put your picks to the test for this matchup? Check out DraftKings Sportsbook and sign up using our link for the best first-time depositor bonus!
Celtics Vs. Jazz Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 9:00 PM ET
- Where: Vivint Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: SportsNet RM and NBCS-BOS
- Spread Favorite: Celtics -5
- Moneyline Favorite: Celtics -198
- Moneyline Underdog: Jazz +163
- Over/Under: 233.5 points
Not yet a DraftKings Sportsbook user? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Celtics Betting Trends
- The Celtics are 36-33-2 ATS this season.
- Boston has been favored by 5 points or more 45 times this season, and covered the spread in 20 of those contests.
- The Celtics have been favorites in 65 games this season and have come away with the win 46 times (70.8%) in those contests.
- This season, Boston has come away with a win 30 times in 44 chances when named as a favorite of at least -198 or better on the moneyline.
- So far this season, 34 out of the Celtics’ 71 games have hit the over.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over 233.5 combined points in 31 of 71 games this season.
- The Celtics have had an average of 229.8 points in their games this season, 3.7 fewer than this matchup’s total.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- Boston has a +387 scoring differential, topping opponents by 5.4 points per game. It is putting up 117.6 points per game to rank fourth in the league and is allowing 112.2 per contest to rank seventh in the NBA.
- The Celtics win the rebound battle by 1.2 boards on average. They record 45.1 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the league, while their opponents pull down 43.9 per contest.
- The Celtics put up 120.7 points per game in home games, compared to 114.7 points per game in road games, a difference of 6.0 points per contest.
- Boston cedes 111.9 points per game when playing at home this season, compared to 112.4 in away games.
- While the Celtics are scoring 117.6 points per game in 2022-23, they have fallen short of that in their previous 20 games, amassing 117.4 points per contest.
- Over its previous 20 games, Boston is surrendering 112.0 points per game, 0.2 fewer points than its season average (112.2).
- The Celtics are draining 16.9 three-pointers per game in their past 20 games, which is 1.1 more than their average for the season (15.8). Likewise, they have a better three-point percentage over their previous 20 games (39.0%) compared to their season average from beyond the arc (37.5%).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
|3/8||Trail Blazers||W 115-93||Home||-9.5|
|3/17||Trail Blazers||W 126-112||Away||-6.5|
Ready to place a bet on the Celtics? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Jazz Betting Trends
- Utah has put together a 37-29-3 record against the spread this year.
- The Jazz have covered the spread 12 times this year (12-5 ATS) when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- Utah has won 16, or 45.7%, of the 35 games it has played as underdogs this season.
- The Jazz have entered 17 games this season as the underdog by +163 or more and is 4-13 in those contests.
- A total of 40 Utah’s games this year have gone over the point total.
- The Jazz have played 35 games this season that finished with a combined score higher than 233.5 points.
- The average over/under for Utah’s contests this season is 234.5, 1.0 more point than this game’s point total.
Jazz Top Performers
Jazz Season Stats
- Utah puts up 117.2 points per game and allow 117.2, making them sixth in the league on offense and 22nd defensively.
- The Jazz win the rebound battle by an average of 2.0 boards. They are collecting 45.3 rebounds per game (sixth in league) compared to their opponents’ 43.3.
- At home Utah is putting up 118.4 points per game, 2.2 more than it is averaging away (116.2).
- The Jazz are giving up fewer points at home (115.3 per game) than on the road (119.1).
- In its last 20 games, Utah has been racking up 116.6 points per contest, an average that’s slightly lower than the 117.2 it has scored over the course of the 2022-23 season.
- The Jazz’s points-allowed average over their last 20 games (118.9) is 1.7 more points per game than the team is allowing over the entire season (117.2).
- During its last 20 outings, Utah is making 1.5 fewer three-pointers per game than its season long average (12.3 compared to 13.8 season-long), while also shooting a lower percentage from beyond the arc in that span (33.9% compared to 35.8% season-long).
Jazz Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Looking to place a bet on the Jazz? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.