The Miami Heat are just a 1.5-point favorite against the Boston Celtics when Bam Adebayo and the Heat (44-38) and Jayson Tatum’s Celtics (57-25) square off on May 23, 2023 in a game projected to be a close matchup. The matchup’s over/under is set at 216.5.
Last time out, the Heat bested the Celtics 128-102 on Sunday. Gabe Vincent led the way with a team-leading 29 points in the victory for the Heat, while Tatum notched 14 points in the loss for the Celtics.
Ready to put your picks to the test for this matchup? Check out DraftKings Sportsbook and sign up using our link for the best first-time depositor bonus!
Heat Vs. Celtics Odds, Betting Line, Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 8:30 PM ET
- Where: FTX Arena in Miami, Florida
- TV: TNT
- Spread Favorite: Heat -1.5
- Moneyline Favorite: Heat -121
- Moneyline Underdog: Celtics +101
- Over/Under: 216.5 points
Not yet a DraftKings Sportsbook user? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Heat Betting Trends
- The Heat have won 31 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 51 times.
- When playing as at least 1.5-point favorites this season, Miami has an ATS record of 19-35-2.
- The Heat have come away with 37 wins in the 59 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- This season, Miami has come away with a win 33 times in 53 chances when named as a favorite of at least -121 or shorter on the moneyline.
- A total of 40 out of the Heat’s 82 games this season have gone over the point total.
- Miami and its opponents have combined to score more than 216.5 points in 47 of 82 games this season.
- Heat games this year have an average total of 219.3, 2.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Heat Top Performers
Heat Season Stats
- Miami has a -26 scoring differential, putting up 109.5 points per game (30th in the league) and allowing 109.8 (second in the NBA).
- The 40.6 rebounds per game the Heat average rank 27th in the NBA, and are 1.3 fewer than the 41.9 their opponents record per contest.
- The Heat are scoring 111.4 points per game this year at home, which is 3.9 more points than they’re averaging away from home (107.5).
- Miami is allowing 110.2 points per game this year in home games, which is 0.9 more points than it is allowing in away games (109.3).
- The Heat are tallying 115.4 points per contest in their past 20 games, compared to their season average of 109.5.
- While Miami is surrendering 109.8 points per game in 2022-23, it has improved that mark in its past 20 games, allowing 108.7 points per contest.
- Over their previous 20 games, the Heat are making 14.1 three-pointers per game, 2.1 more than their season average (12). They also have a better three-point percentage over their past 20 contests (38.3%) compared to their season average (34.4%).
Heat Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Ready to place a bet on the Heat? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Celtics Betting Trends
- Boston has won 44 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 38 times.
- The Celtics have an ATS record of 8-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs this year.
- Boston has entered the game as underdogs nine times this season and won five of those games.
- The Celtics have a record of 4-4 when they’re set as an underdog of +101 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- So far this season, 40 out of Boston’s 82 games with an over/under have hit the over.
- Celtics games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 216.5 points in 62 of 82 outings.
- Boston has a 229.4-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 12.9 more points than this game’s point total.
Celtics Top Performers
Celtics Season Stats
- In 2022-23, Boston is fourth-best in the league on offense (117.9 points scored per game) and fourth-best defensively (111.4 points conceded).
- The Celtics grab 45.3 rebounds per game (seventh in league) while conceding 44 per outing to opponents. They outrebound opponents by 1.3 boards per game.
- At home Boston is putting up 120.5 points per game, 5.1 more than it is averaging away (115.4).
- At home the Celtics are conceding 110.5 points per game, 1.9 fewer points than they are away (112.4).
- Boston’s offense has been less productive over its last 20 games, scoring 113.2 points a contest compared to the 117.9 it has averaged this year.
- The Celtics’ points-allowed average over their last 20 games (109.1) is 2.3 fewer points per game than the team is allowing over the entire season (111.4).
- During its last 20 outings, Boston is making 1.1 fewer three-pointers per game than its season long average (14.9 compared to 16 season-long), while also shooting a lower percentage from deep in that span (37.5% compared to 37.6% season-long).
Celtics Recent And Upcoming Schedule
Looking to place a bet on the Celtics? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.