The New York Jets (2-13) visit the New England Patriots (6-9) in an AFC East matchup on Sunday, January 3, 2021 at Gillette Stadium as a 3.5-point underdog. The contest will be broadcast on CBS at 1 p.m. EST.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Recent Head to Head: Jets vs Patriots
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|11/9/2020||Patriots||Jets||-9.50||42.50||-400||+330||433-322 NE||30-27 NE|
|10/21/2019||Patriots||Jets||-9.5||43||-420||+350||323-154 NE||33-0 NE|
|9/22/2019||Patriots||Patriots||-20.5||43||-1667||+1150||381-105 NE||30-14 NE|
Jets Players to Watch
- Sam Darnold has thrown for 1,942 yards (176.5 ypg) to lead New York, completing 58.8% of his passes and collecting touchdown eight passes and nine interceptions in 11 games this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 214 rushing yards (19.5 ypg) on 36 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Frank Gore has carried the ball 187 times for a team-high 653 yards (43.5 per game), with two touchdowns in 15 games this year.
- In 10 games this season, Lamical Perine has taken 64 carries for 231 yards (23.1 per game)and two touchdowns.
- Jamison Crowder’s 668 receiving yards lead all receivers on the team. He’s been targeted 85 times and has registered 55 receptions and six touchdowns through 11 games (averaging 60.7 yards per game).
- Breshad Perriman has hauled in 27 passes (on 53 targets) for 421 yards (38.3 yards per game) and three touchdowns over 11 games this year.
- Braxton Berrios’ 52 targets have resulted in 34 receptions for 374 yards (24.9 ypg) and three touchdowns through 15 games played.
- Tarell Basham has 3.0 sacks to pace the team through 15 games, and also has 5.0 tackles for loss and 31 tackles.
- New York’s tackle leader, Neville Hewitt, has 124 tackles, 6.0 tackles for loss, and two sacks in 15 games this year.
- Marcus Maye has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 79 tackles, 3.0 tackles for loss, two sacks, and 11 passes defended to his name over 15 games.
Jets Fantasy Leaders
- Darnold is 84th overall among all players and 32nd among all QBs with 123.1 fantasy points (11.2 per game).
- Crowder’s 109.9 total fantasy points (an average of 10.0 per game), are good enough to rank him 100th overall and 34th among wide receivers.
- So far this season, Gore’s 84.2 total fantasy points make him the No. 147 fantasy player and No. 44 running back. He averages5.6 fantasy points per game.
- Perriman’s fantasy season so far has him ranked 192nd overall and 78th among wide receivers with 60.7 points (5.5 per game).
Jets: RB Frank Gore: Out (Chest), TE Ryan Griffin: Out (Illness), SS Bradley McDougald: Out (Shoulder), G Josh Andrews: Questionable (Groin), CB Bennett Jackson: Out (Hamstring), OLB Jordan Jenkins: Out (Shoulder), G Alex Lewis: Out (Undisclosed), CB Brian Poole: Out (Knee), OLB Patrick Onwuasor: Out (Hamstring), OLB Harvey Langi: Out (Neck), G Greg Van Roten: Out (Toe), FS Saquan Hampton: Out (Achillies), DE Quinnen Williams: Out (Neck), ILB Blake Cashman: Out (Hamstring), DE Kyle Phillips: Out (Ankle), CB Kyron Brown: Out (Quadriceps), S Ashtyn Davis: Out (Foot), CB Javelin Guidry: Questionable (Knee)
Scoring/Total Yards Trends
- This year, the Jets score eight fewer points per game (15) than the Patriots give up (23).
- New York is 5-2 against the spread and 2-5 overall a season ago when the team puts up at least 15 points.
- This season, New England has a 6-3 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 20 or fewer points.
- The Jets collect 275 yards per game, 79 fewer yards than the 354 the Patriots give up per contest.
- New York is 5-3 against the spread and 2-6 overall when the team totals 275 or more yards.
- When New England holds its opponents to 354 yards or less, it has a 4-4 record ATS and a 4-4 record overall.
- The Patriots have averaged nine fewer points per game this season (20) than the Jets have allowed (29).
- When they meet or outpace their scoring average this season, New England is 6-3 and 6-3 against the spread.
- New York is 2-4 overall and 3-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 29 points.
- The Patriots offense has averaged 322 total yards per game this season, 64 yards fewer than the 386 allowed by the Jets defense.
- In games that New York picked up 273 or more yards last season, the team went 4-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
- When New York allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 3-5 against the spread and 2-6 overall this season.
Jets 2020 Schedule
Powered By Data Skrive using data from