It’s good to be a sports bettor these days. With so many places to bet on sports online in New Jersey, companies are clamoring for your business with some sweet incentives to sign-up and bet.
But with so many offers to choose from, it may be hard to understand which NJ sports betting bonuses are the best of the best.
If you’ve seen some of these NJ sportsbook bonuses and wondered what they’ve meant or how they measure up against each other, this page will help you with that.
BEST NJ SPORTSBOOK BONUS & OFFERS: March 2021
TYPES OF ONLINE SPORTS BETTING OFFERS IN NJ
One of the major advantages of betting online versus betting in person is that online sportsbooks will offer you all sorts of bonuses. That includes a welcome bonus when you open an account (every online sportsbook offers that), various ongoing bonuses, and possibly even reload bonuses when you deposit again later on.
Not all bonuses are created equal, though, so let’s example the types of bonuses you might encounter:
- Cash – This is usually the best type of bonus. If you deposit $100, a 10% cash bonus means they’ll credit you an extra $10 into your account that you can bet however you want.
- Risk-Free Bet – This allows you to place a risk-free bet. If you win, you keep the winnings, if you lose, you don’t actually lose any more. For example, if you deposit $100, you might get a $100 risk-free bet to use.
- Free Bet – Similar to risk-free but instead of you covering the stake (and getting it back if you lose), the sportsbook covers the stake and keeps it if you win. It’s virtually the same thing.
- Special Bets – Some sportsbooks will give you special bets or special offers. For example, you might be able to get a $1 bet on the Brooklyn Nets to win the NBA Championship at 75/1 even though the true odds are much lower.
- No-Deposit Bonus – A no-deposit bonus is usually very small – something like $10 or $20 – and it allows you to try the sportsbook no strings attached. Usually, you can withdraw that amount but you’ll be able to withdraw the winnings.
- Sign-Up Bonus/Welcome Bonus – A welcome bonus is usually the biggest bonus you’ll see. This is when you sign up for a new account with a sportsbook. They’ll give you something like a risk-free bet, a cash bonus or something else to sweeten the deal.
- Reload Bonus – A reload bonus is what the sportsbook offers you for subsequent deposits. In other words, if your account hits zero and you want to reload, they might offer you something to re-fund your account.
Always Check The Terms & Conditions
Always remember to check the terms and conditions of the bonuses because there are almost always strings attached. Expect to encounter a wagering requirement – also known as a playthrough requirement or a rollover – which stipulates how much you have to bet before you withdraw.
If it’s a 10-time rollover and you deposit $100, you’ll have to place $1000 worth of bets before you can withdraw. This is simply so that you don’t deposit, collect a bonus and then immediately withdraw before wagering at all.
Some other common terms and conditions include a time that the bonus is active (you might only have seven or 30 days to use the risk-free bet) and you might also be limited to what you can bet on (there could be details about the minimum odds).
NJ SPORTSBOOK DEPOSIT BONUS: March 2021
A deposit bonus is what you’ll receive when you make a deposit at a sportsbook. Typically, this refers to a welcome bonus where new customers who open an account and make their first deposit will get a bonus once that deposit has officially cleared.
BEST NJ SPORTSBOOK DEPOSIT BONUS
Money talks and when you’re a free agent, you should get the most bang for your buck. DraftKings Sportsbook offers the best deposit bonus of any of the books in the Garden State.
When you sign up for a new account at DraftKings Sportsbook, you can earn up to $1025 in bonuses. That’s a lot of moola.
To start, you can get a $25 no-deposit bonus to try things out and then when you’re ready to deposit, you can get a 20% cash bonus up to $500 as well as a $500 risk-free bet.
If the ball bounces your way, your bankroll is going to start off heavily in the positives, which is exactly what you want.
HOW NJ SPORTSBOOK DEPOSIT BONUS WORKS
A deposit bonus could also refer to a reload bonus, which is when you deposit later (your second, third, fourth deposits, etc).
Once the money has been processed from your payment or banking method and the transfer is official, the sportsbook will credit you with a bonus not long after.
HOW TO CLAIM NJ SPORTSBOOK DEPOSIT BONUS
To claim a sportsbook deposit bonus, simply visit the sportsbook’s homepage or download their app.
- Register for a new account by filling out all of the necessary information.
- After that, make a deposit and take note of any promo codes you might have to enter.
- Once that is all done, the sportsbook will credit you with the deposit bonus.
NJ SPORTS BETTING SIGN UP BONUSES
Sign-up bonuses (AKA: welcome bonuses), go into effect after you create an account of the NJ sports betting app of your choice. Once you signup for a new account and make your first deposit, you’ll get a bonus into your account.
BEST NJ SPORTS BETTING SIGN UP BONUSES or “WELCOME BONUS”
The best signup bonus you’ll get in New Jersey – focusing solely on when you sign up – is the one from BetMGM.
While DraftKings offers a 20% bonus up to $500, BetMGM Sportsbook offers a 100% bonus up to $500. That means you would have to deposit five times as much at DraftKings ($2500) to get the same $500.
Keep in mind that there are a lot of good bonuses out there. FanDuel offers a risk-free bet up to $500, FOXBet offers a risk-free bet up to $500 along with up to $500 on your first deposit but we like cash, so that’s why we have the BetMGM as the top bonus here.
HOW SIGN UP BONUSES WORK
Signup bonuses are also known as Welcome Bonuses. All this means is that when you signup for a new account and make your first deposit, you’ll get a bonus into your account. Keep in mind here that you have to be a new customer to receive a signup bonus.
HOW TO CLAIM NJ SPORTS BETTING SIGN UP BONUSES
To claim a signup bonus from a sportsbook, all you have to do is be a new customer, register with the company, and make your first deposit.
- To do so, download the sportsbook’s app or visit their home page.
- Go through the process of registering for a new account and once that’s done, make a deposit.
- Once your deposit has cleared, you’ll receive your signup bonus from the sportsbook not long after (usually within 24 hours).
NJ SPORTSBOOK BONUS & PROMO CODES March 2021
The key to using a promo code bonus is to make sure you enter it when you’re making your deposit. That might be when you’re initially signing up for an account or in the banking section when you’re making your deposit.
BEST NJ SPORTSBOOK BONUS CODES
SugarHouse Sportsbook has the best promo code sportsbook bonus for our money.
When you sign up for a new account at SugarHouse Sportsbook, use the promo code PLAY250 and they’ll give you a 100% deposit bonus up to $250. One of the best aspects of this bonus is that it comes with a one-time rollover, which is as small of a wagering requirement as you can find.
HOW TO USE NJ SPORTSBOOK BONUS CODES
Keep an eye for a box where you can enter a promo code and make sure you enter the promo code properly.
Once you do, that will trigger the bonus, so that when you make your deposit, the bonus is automatically added to your account.
SPORTSBOOK ODDS BOOSTS March 2021
Odds boosts are simply a daily promo that sportsbooks offer to their regular customers. It’s usually focused around popular bets, big-name teams or players, or related to important events.
BEST NJ SPORTS BETTING ODDS BOOSTS
This one is a tie between DraftKings and FanDuel Sportsbook. Both companies do a great job of offering all sorts of odds boosts on a daily basis, so you’re bound to have lots of options at your fingertips.
One thing to note is that both companies offer different odds boosts, so it’s a good idea to have accounts at both, so that way you have access to more options on the board. They very rarely offer the exact same one.
HOW ODDS BOOSTS WORK
Odds boost promotions are usually focused around a specific player or team.
For example, they offer an odds boost on the New England Patriots to win the Super Bowl right before Week 1 of the season.
- The original price might be 10/1 but with an odds boost, they might boost the price to 15/1.
- If you take advantage, that means you’re locking in a much better payday.
Some sportsbooks will offer a specific odds boost when you sign up.
For example, before the 2019-20 NBA season, FOXBet Sportsbook offered a $1 bet on the Philadelphia 76ers to win the NBA Championship with an odds boost to 76/1.
- When you sign up, you can take advantage and if the 76ers come through, you get a much bigger payday than what the current market price is.
HOW TO OPT INTO NJ SPORTS BETTING ODDS BOOSTS
Typically, these types of odds booster specials are up on the board every single day. If there is a promo specifically related to you signing up, you’ll have to lock in that bet within a specific period of time.
For example, with the 76ers promo at FOX Bet from above, that might mean placing the $1 bet on the 76ers and then they’ll adjust the odds. However, there are also all sorts of other odds boosters available on a daily basis and those can be found in a special section for you to bet.
NJ SPORTSBOOK FREE BET OFFERS
A free bet is very similar to a risk-free bet but there are just a couple of technical differences. With a risk-free bet, you place a wager using your money and if it loses, you’ll get credited back the amount you wagered.
BEST NJ SPORTSBOOK FREE BET OFFERS
In terms of the best Free Bet offer in the Garden State, we’re heading back to a company that has been mentioned numerous times in our “best of” lists: DraftKings Sportsbook.
They offer new customers a deposit bonus of up to $1025 when you open a new account, but part of that is a $500 Free Bet. When opening an account and make a deposit, your first bet is a freebie. Just bet $25 or more and if the bet loses, they’ll credit you back up to $500.
HOW NJ FREE BET OFFERS WORK
With a free bet, it’s usually a set amount that the sportsbook puts into your account. If you have a $500 Free Bet, that means that you can use that money to wager and win or lose, it’s gone after the bet.
Typically, Free Bet offers to refer to no-deposit bonuses while risk-free bets are something that some sportsbooks give you once you’ve made your first deposit.
HOW TO CLAIM NJ SPORTSBOOK FREE BET OFFERS
To claim a Free Bet offer:
- First, you need to open an account and register at a sportsbook.
- You can do this either by visiting their homepage and following the links to register, or downloading the NJ sportsbook app and going through the process on mobile.
- Once you’re done, simply make a qualifying deposit.
- After the funds have cleared, your Free Bet bonus will be added by the sportsbook directly into your account.
HOW TO CLAIM NJ SPORTSBOOK FREE BET NO DEPOSIT OFFERS
Some sportsbooks in the Garden State will offer a no-deposit bonus, which is something you can take advantage of before you even transfer any funds to them. It’s a great way for you to take the sportsbook for a test drive, make sure it has all of the features that you’re looking for, and decide whether you like it or want to try a different one.
- To claim a no-deposit free bet bonus, simply register for an account at a sportsbook through either the homepage or the app.
- Enter a promo code if it is required.
- From there, the sportsbook will credit you the bonus, so that you can try them out.
- Just register; you don’t even need to make a deposit!
RISK-FREE NJ SPORTSBOOK OFFERS
A risk-free bet is one of the more common types of deposit bonuses you’ll find from sportsbooks in New Jersey.
BEST NJ SPORTSBOOK RISK-FREE BET OFFERS
FanDuel Sportsbook has a generous risk-free bonus as they’ll hook you up with up to a $500 risk-free wager when you sign up for an account. In fairness, FOXBet also offers the same promotion, so either is ideal if you’re eyeing a risk-free bet promo.
HOW NJ RISK-FREE BET OFFERS WORK
How it works is when you make a deposit, the sportsbook will give you a bonus in the form of a risk-free bet. Using that money, you can place your first wager without worrying about it losing. If it wins, you get to keep all of the profits from the bet. Should it happen to lose, they’ll credit you back the stake that was wagered.
HOW TO CLAIM NJ SPORTSBOOK RISK-FREE BET OFFERS
- To claim a risk-free bet promo, what you’ll have to do is sign up for a new account at a sportsbook that you’re currently not playing with.
- Surf over to their homepage or download the app, and go through the process of registering for an account.
- That includes filling out the forms to give your name, address and all sorts of other basic information.
- Once that’s done, make your first deposit.
- Once your funds have cleared, your first wager at the sportsbook will be a risk-free wager.
ADVANTAGES OF ONLINE SPORTSBOOK OFFERS
The advantages of online sportsbooks is pretty simple: there are offers.
Sound weird? Well, the reality is that if you fly over to Las Vegas and place a bet on sports, you’re not going to get much (maybe a free drink ticket).
However, if you bet at online sportsbooks, they’re all going to give you some kind of a welcome bonus just for joining, have a number of ongoing bonuses available to you when you’re playing and then occasionally offer to reload bonuses when you want to deposit again.
Most land-based sportsbooks don’t offer anything to sports bettors, so the fact that online sportsbooks offer deposit bonuses is a big win already.
DISADVANTAGES OF ONLINE SPORTSBOOK OFFERS
The disadvantages of NJ online sportsbooks offers are terms and conditions. These are not a huge difficulty but it is something that you should keep in mind.
Typically, the biggest disadvantage is the wagering requirement.
If you deposit $100 and get a $100 bonus, and the sportsbook asks for a five-time playthrough, that means you’ll have to place $1000 worth of bets before you can withdraw. These types of terms are the biggest disadvantage but it’s not that much of an issue.
ADVICE ON NJ ONLINE SPORTSBOOK OFFERS
1. When you’re looking at all of the different offers available to you, think about what works best for you.
Typically, cash is the best option but usually, cash bonuses are smaller than risk-free bets. For example, you might see a cash bonus capped off at $50 or $100 but a risk-free bet is up to $500.
Can you win more with the risk-free bet or are you better taking the cash because it gives you more flexibility to do what you want with the money (instead of only having one bet)? That’s for you to decide.
2. The other factor that you’ll want to look at are the requirements.
Usually, with cash, it’s just a wagering requirement, so you’ll have to bet a certain amount before the money is “unlocked” for you to withdraw. With risk-free bets, there are usually smaller requirements.
However, risk-free bets might be limiting in terms of what you can bet on (only certain types of odds) and you may have to use that money within seven days. What if you don’t like anything on the board within that span?
The best advice we can give here is to take advantage of all of the bonuses.
Nothing precludes you from having multiple accounts at multiple shops. It’s free to open accounts everywhere.
There are two main reasons you want to do this: for one, this gives you more bonuses, so at the end of the day, that will put more money in your pocket.
Secondly, when you have multiple accounts, you can always ensure that you’re getting the best betting line. DraftKings might have a better price on a favorite for one game but FanDuel might have a better price on the underdog.
When you have accounts at multiple spots, you can always ensure that you’re getting the best odds for your bet.
NJ ONLINE SPORTS BETTING FAQ
Is sports betting legal in NJ?
Yes, sports betting is legal in the state of New Jersey. You must be at least 21 years of age and a resident of the state of New Jersey to bet. The sportsbooks will ask you for proof of age and residency.
Can I apply for bonuses on multiple NJ sports betting apps?
Yes, you’re able to open accounts at as many sportsbooks as you like. We recommend that not only because it allows you to take advantage of all of the different bonuses but it’s also important for shopping around for the best line on each game.
Can I use sportsbook bonuses for college sports?
Almost any sportsbook bonus will be allowed to be used for college sports betting. However, take a look at the terms and conditions just to make sure.
Is it legal to bet on the US elections?
It is not legal to bet on the US elections in the state of New Jersey right now.
Does DraftKings have a recent NJ sportsbook bonus in NJ?
DraftKings Sportsbook does have a deposit bonus. You can earn up to $1,025 in bonuses when you open an account and make your first deposit.
Does FanDuel have a recent NJ sportsbook bonus in NJ?
FanDuel Sportsbook offers a deposit bonus for all new customers. When you sign up and make a deposit, you can get up to a $500 risk-free bet.
Who is allowed to apply for licensing in New Jersey?
There are strict regulations as to who can apply for a license. To start, it will cost $100,000 and then the gaming division will have to vet anyone who applies to determine if they want to give them a license.
What is the tax rate for sportsbooks?
The tax rate for sportsbooks in the Garden State is 8.5% on gross revenue but that’s for brick-and-mortar locations. For online, the tax rate is 13% as well as another 1.25% local share tax.