Governor Phil Murphy signed NJ Sports Betting into law in June of 2018, and the first legal bet was placed three days later at one of the new Atlantic City sportsbooks in Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa.
Today, in Atlantic City you can place a sports bet at nearly every casino. It’s been long overdue but it’s added a lot of excitement on the boardwalk as now sports bettors feel much more welcome. Whether you’re making a weekend out of it or are just visiting to see the new digs and place a few bets, here are the best land-based sportsbooks in Atlantic City.
Atlantic City Sportsbooks
Today, in Atlantic City you can place a sports bet at nearly every casino. Below, we’re going to run you through all of the options but it’s important to highlight one thing: if you’re betting online, you can bet through the app regardless of which casino you are located.
For example, if you’ve opened accounts and have deposited money at DraftKings Sportsbook and FanDuel Sportsbook, you can sit inside any land-based sportsbook – or any other venue in Atlantic City – and bet from your phone. You don’t have to bet at Borgata’s online sportsbook if you’re sitting there.
Now that that’s cleared up, here’s a list of the land-based sportsbooks in Atlantic City:
Moneyline Bar & Book
- Casino: Borgata Casino
- Online App: Borgata Online Sports
Wild Wild West Sportsbook
- Casino: Bally’s Casino
- Online App: Caesars Casino & Sportsbook
- Casino: Golden Nugget Casino
- Online App: Golden Nugget Casino
Hard Rock Sportsbook
- Casino: Hard Rock Casino
- Online App: Hard Rock Casino/Sportsbook
- Casino: Harrah’s Casino
- Online App: Harrah’s Online Sportsbook
William Hill at Ocean Casino
- Location: Ocean Resort Casino
- Online App: William Hill
DraftKings at Resorts Atlantic City
- Location: Resorts
- Online App: DraftKings
William Hill at Tropicana
- Casino: Tropicana
- Online App: William Hill
The Best Atlantic City Sportsbooks Have To Offer
There are a lot of different options in terms of sports betting venues in Atlantic City. We’ve sent our editors out to examine them all and choose a best-in-class in various criteria. Here’s a look at the best in each category:
AC Sportsbook With The Best Food
When it comes to the best collection of culinary delights in Atlantic City, it’s hard to beat the roster of restaurants at The Borgata. Just take a look at the starting lineup of chefs: Bobby Flay, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Symon and Michael Schulson.
Bobby Flay Steak is highly recommended if you’re looking for a high-end stake or if you’re looking for something a little more exotic, Schulson’s Izakaya is a really fun casual spot that serves various types of Japanese food.
AC Sportsbook With The Best Drinks
There are lots of good sports to get a drink in Atlantic City but the Tropicana tops our list. They have a number of good spots to wet your whistle with the Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar and FireWaters coming to mind.
The latter is particularly great if you’re a beer drinker as they have one of the biggest beer selections in the Garden State with nearly 50 different beers on tap.
AC Sportsbook With The Best Screens
If you’re looking for a place to plant yourself and watch the games, it’s tough to be the DraftKings Sportsbook at Resorts. They have a massive video wall with screens of all sizes to tune into.
Every type of sports event you can think of will be up in front of you. As an added bonus, the sportsbook is fairly close to the entrance of Resorts (maybe the closest to an entract in Atlantic City), so you won’t want have to wander or weave through a casino to get to your destination.
AC Sportsbook With The Best Seating
Harrah’s deserves a lot of credit for the setting (and seating) they’ve created at The Book. If you’re looking for seating specifically, this is an awesome place to be as they have more than 50 oversized leather chairs. You can really kick back and take in the games for hours on end.
AC Sportsbook Best Promotions
Selection: NJ Online Sports Betting App Offers
The best promotions you’ll find from an Atlantic City sportsbook…are not at any land-based location. One of the best aspects of betting online in the Garden State is that every sportsbook will give you some kind of bonus. All of them hook you up with a deposit bonus and many offer all sorts of perks beyond that.
The land-based sportsbooks don’t really follow suit. You simply walk up to the window and place your bet. If promos is what you’re looking for, go online. The best you get in-person is free drink tickets or various comps if you’re betting really big numbers.
AC Sportsbook With Best VIP Area
Bally’s is one of the newest sportsbooks in the Garden State and they’ve really done a great job with this spot from top to bottom. It’s a really luxurious setting, so it’s a space you’ll want to sit and stay for hours.
In terms of the VIP areas, this is the top choice because they’ve really carved out a few spots in the space for their high-end customers. There are five different private fan caves that can hold anywhere from 16 to 24 people and six other VIP sections.
If you’re looking for a sportsbook where you can the boys can reserve a place (rather than compete for chairs) and have a VIP experience, this The Book at Bally’s is the best bet.
AC Sportsbook With Best Customer Service
There are lots of good options in terms of customer service because the Atlantic City casinos put a premium on treating their customers well. However, if we had to pick one, Bally’s and the sleek new venue would be it. They’re focused on making sure everyone has a good experience.
NJ Sportsbooks Outside Of Atlantic City
There are two sportsbooks outside of Atlantic City and they are:
- FanDuel Sportsbook at Meadowlands
- Monmouth Park Sportsbook by William Hill Monmouth Park
If you’re not planning to make the trip to Atlantic City, you have a couple of other options for places where you can bet on sports.
Best NJ Online Sportbooks
For my money, you’re still better to bet online than in person because places like the Oceans Resort Hotel have minimal kiosks where you can lock in your bets.
How Old Do You Have To Bet To Bet At A Sportsbook In Atlantic City?
To place any bets at an Atlantic City sportsbook or casino, you must be at least 21 years of age.
Can I Bet Online Through A NJ Betting App While In Atlantic City?
You’re free to deposit, bet or do whatever else you want in your NJ sportsbook app while visiting Atlantic City. Usually, it’s more convenient to do so rather than standing in line to bet at kiosks.
Which Atlantic City Sportsbook Is Best For Watching The Super Bowl?
There are a lot of great options when it comes to watching the Super Bowl in Atlantic City. It mostly comes down to personal preference. The Bally’s sportsbook is one of the newest, has great seating and customer service.
Are There Any Land-Based Sportsbooks Outside Of Atlantic City?
Yes, there are two options: FanDuel Sportsbook at Meadowlands and Monmouth Park Sportsbook by William Hill Monmouth Park.
How will New Jersey’s sportsbooks bounce back after the COVID pandemic? Time will tell, but we do know a few things that help us to draft a basic understanding of the likely landscape for legal NJ sportsbooks.
- Major casino sportsbooks: MGM has already indicated that it plans to spend $7 million on a state-of-the-art sportsbook. For sports bettors who have been to MGM sportsbooks in Las Vegas, you have some sense of how awesome this is going to be. Massive screens, huge sports bars, rows and rows of seating with betting kiosks, and unmatched energy and environment for big games. We expect MGM and Caesars to be among the early leaders when it comes to launching legal New Jersey sportsbooks.
- Boutique sportsbooks: Not all casinos will go full throttle with sports betting, but we believe nearly all will have some sportsbooks. At some of the smaller casinos with less floor space, or at casinos that have decided sports betting isn’t going to be the focus, we’ll likely see smaller, boutique sportsbooks — much as you might see a smaller poker room at some casinos than at others.
- Racetrack sportsbooks: NJ’s racing industry was a key back of the state’s challenge to the federal ban on state-regulated sports betting, and we fully expect racing outlets to quickly embrace sports betting, especially given the massive overlap the product is likely to have with their current customer base.
- Mobile sports betting: This will take a bit longer to launch, but eventually mobile sports betting will be the largest collective sportsbook in NJ. Mobile is more and more a part of daily life, especially for younger consumers. Without online sports betting in NJ, the legal sports betting market in the state will never reach its full potential.