The No. 2 seed Texas Longhorns (27-8) take to the court against the No. 10 seed Penn State Nittany Lions (23-13) with a Sweet 16 berth in the Midwest Region of the bracket up for grabs on Saturday at Wells Fargo Arena (IA). Texas is a 5.5-point favorite to advance in this second round matchup, which airs on CBS.
Saturday’s matchup between the Longhorns and the Nittany Lions sees the Longhorns as 5.5-point favorites. The over/under for the matchup is 138.5.
Ready to put your picks to the test for this matchup? Check out DraftKings Sportsbook and sign up using our link for the best first-time depositor bonus!
Texas Betting Line, Matchup Info Vs. Penn State
- When: Saturday, March 18, 2023 at 7:45 PM ET
- Where: Wells Fargo Arena (IA) in Des Moines, Iowa
- How to Watch on TV: CBS
- Spread Favorite: Texas -5.5
- Moneyline Favorite: Texas -239
- Moneyline Underdog: Penn State +189
- Over/Under: 138.5 points
Not yet a DraftKings Sportsbook user? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Texas Betting Trends
- The Longhorns have covered 18 times in 35 matchups with a spread this season.
- Texas has an ATS record of 8-10 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites this season.
- The Longhorns have been victorious in 24, or 88.9%, of the 27 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- This year, Texas has won 17 of 18 games when listed as at least -239 or better on the moneyline.
- Longhorns games have hit the over 18 out of 35 times this season.
- Texas’ games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 138.5 points 22 times.
- The Longhorns have an average total of 145.2 in their outings this year, 6.7 more points than this game’s over/under.
Texas Top Performers
Texas Season Stats
- Texas has a +375 scoring differential, topping opponents by 10.7 points per game. It is putting up 77.9 points per game to rank 37th in college basketball and is giving up 67.2 per outing to rank 88th in college basketball.
- The 32.5 rebounds per game the Longhorns average rank 197th in the country. Their opponents record 32.2 per contest.
- With 74.8 points per game in Big 12 matchups, the Longhorns are tallying 3.1 fewer points per game in conference games compared to their season average (77.9 PPG).
- With 69.7 points per game allowed in Big 12 games, Texas is conceding 2.5 more points per game in conference games compared to its overall average (67.2 PPG allowed).
- In Big 12 games, the Longhorns put up fewer treys per game (6.7) and have a lower three-point percentage (34.1%) than their season averages (7.2, 34.6%).
- Texas is averaging 84.8 points per game this year at home, which is 15.4 more points than it is averaging in away games (69.4).
- The Longhorns surrender 67.4 points per game at home this year, compared to 72.0 in away games.
Texas Recent And Upcoming Schedule
|3/9/2023||Oklahoma State||W 61-47||Home||-6.5|
Catch live college hoops action, including March Madness, on Paramount+. Click here to sign up and start watching live sports, originals and tons of shows and movies from your favorite networks.
Penn State Betting Trends
- Penn State has covered 22 times in 36 games with a spread this year.
- The Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs this year.
- Penn State has been underdogs in 17 games this season and won eight (47.1%) of those contests.
- The Nittany Lions have entered five games this season as the underdog by +189 or more and is 1-4 in those contests.
- Penn State’s games have gone over the point total 20 out of 36 times this year.
- The Nittany Lions have played 20 games this season that finished with a combined score over 138.5 points.
- Penn State has a 140.6-point average over/under in its matchups this season, 2.1 more points than this game’s total.
Penn State Top Performers
Penn State Season Stats
- The Nittany Lions are outscoring opponents by 4.3 points per game, with a +154 scoring differential overall. They put up 72.4 points per game (162nd in college basketball) and allow 68.1 per outing (121st in college basketball).
- Penn State is 296th in the country at 30.7 rebounds per game. That’s 2.7 fewer than the 33.4 its opponents average.
- In Big Ten action, the Nittany Lions have averaged 2.3 fewer points (70.1) than overall (72.4) in 2022-23.
- In Big Ten action, Penn State has conceded 1.7 more points per game (69.8) than overall (68.1) in 2022-23.
- From beyond the arc, the Nittany Lions are knocking down 10.4 treys in conference games (compared to 10.8 for the season), and shooting 38.9% in conference (versus 39.3% overall).
- Penn State is putting up more points at home (76.8 per game) than on the road (69.1).
- The Nittany Lions are allowing fewer points at home (65.9 per game) than on the road (72.6).
Penn State Recent And Upcoming Schedule
|3/16/2023||Texas A&M||W 76-59||Away||+2|
Catch live college basketball and tune in to March Madness on Paramount+.
Some betting offers available only in New Jersey and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.